Saturday 19 September 2009

Sleeves Glorious Sleeves!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE This swing coat i made for the Whirlwind. it is another wholegrainbaby pattern (remember the dress) i must say Varenias patterns are so simple and easy to follow! This was my first ever attempt at sewing on sleeves and they are PERFECT even if i do say so myself. The only issue i had was i made if in the 1/2T size but it is a little on the snug side for Roo who is 18mths, so I don't think she will be in it for long! That obviously means i am probably gonna have to buy MORE FABRIC to make another!..... oh what a shame!

The action shots..........


And The great thing about it is its reversible!...2 jackets in 1!....... love it!
Please excuse the grainy pictures! The whirlwind has broken my good camera...to be fair she had had to suffer me shoving it into her face for about half an hour, and she finally lashed out knocking it out of my hand and breaking the lens! Im gonna have to start dropping some subtle hints for a digital SLR in time for Christmas, although i may be pushing my luck having just been treated to the overlocker for my birthday!

On that note! I finally got the tension sorted, so she is sewing like a dream now.........
I whipped up this little top in the week and the seams are all perfect! ......


Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

xK

2 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

I was impressed enough and then I got to the part where it is reversible!! How cool. Absolutely gorgeous! Might have to buy that coat pattern x

banban said...

Cute jacket and even cuter daughter!