Monday 14 September 2009

Adventures in overlocking. Part 2

Take one 50p top form the local Oxfam...........a few snips and tucks...........a few snags!.......Try and get over the fact that your new overlocker hates you!!..............
And Voila.....................One sleeveless smock top for the Whirlwind.......Lets try and forget it was supposed to be a sleeved dress and just praise ourselves for frankly getting this far!!!!


A couple of action shots to model........



The problem I seem to be having trouble overcoming is the tension..........My stitches still seem too slack, no matter how much I tweek the overlock thread! Oh and how do i secure the ends of the stitches? on the sewing machine I just go back and forth to secure the ends, but I have no idea with the overlocker, so the Whirlwinds new top will probably fall apart after about 5 mins!....But i have a book on order........'Sewing with sergers: The complete handbook of overlock sewing'. I'm hoping this will help!.....Feel free to leave any advise or pointers!




x K





No comments: