Friday 11 September 2009

Adventures in Overlocking! Part 1

So The big day came and went on Wed. I am now 32 years old!.........How the hell did that happen??????

Well I cant complain too much as i did get THIS LITTLE BABY from my lovely man..............


I have been lusting after an overlocker for aaaaaaages now, I have a thousand and one ideas/creations bursting to get out....Just need to figure out how to use it first!.....Surprisingly it was not as difficult to thread, as i had been led to fear it would it! I just need to practice a bit more with the tensions and widths before i brave it for proper use.
I was also treated to a trip to Ikea, where i was actually allowed to hang out in the soft furnishing section for more than 5 seconds, and got to choose these treats.........


The whirlwind already has impeccable taste and produced these for mummy........

Neils mum also came up trumps finding this lovely fabric.......

I was Quiet spoilt really as there were lots of other lovely treats from friends and family...... Oh and flowers

Now i just need to pull my finger out and get creating, I have some shoes and squeakers going to a baby/toddler sale tomorrow in our local church hall. my name is going down for a few school Christmas fairs and i have signed up for the big Christmas Craft fair on 29th November in the Castle hall, so i am going to be very busy! I'm really looking forward to it all as its about time i really threw myself into the whole thing......Cath Kidston watch out!!!!!

xK

2 comments:

frogs+sprogs said...

Happy Birthday, and what lovely birthday gifts you got, am very envious of all those new fabrics. And good luck with all the fairs x

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

Aw, sounds like you had a lovely day - and some great gifts!