Friday 23 September 2011

The Owl & The Pussycat

My favourite children's rhyme is the Edward Lear  poem ''The Owl and the Pussycat.'' I have been reciting it to The Whirlwind every night when I put her to bed, since the day she was born. She knows the whole rhyme by heart now! We like to recite it in funny voice's and have added animal noises at certain point's.''.......So they took it away and were married next day by the Turkey who lives on the hill.....Gobble Gobble!''(Roo's favourite sound effect!)
For a long time now I have been wanting to create something with the poems theme to hang in her room (as part of the ongoing decorating project!). I have found some lovely bits for inspiration on line which finally prompted me to start using Pinterest (HOW addictive!)
Yesterday I got the scrap bag out!



 I'm not entirely happy with it as there are 'several' flaws....



The Pussycat is a bit too pale and I messed up the embroidery on her face, then the thread pulled in the Owls body leaving a white line across the brown fabric.! But I like the composition so not bad for a first go I guess?
I hope that after a bit of practicing my freearm embroidery on the machine I will be able to create something a bit 'neater' on a bigger scale!

Happy weekending y'all
x K

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Profit Machine is ready -

Plus, earning money online using it is as easy as 1--2--3!

It's super easy how it works...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products you want to promote
STEP 2. Add PUSH BUTTON traffic (this ONLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. Watch the system grow your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

So, do you want to start making profits?

Click here to make money with the system