Thursday 31 December 2009

hello to the teenies!

Well can you believe its all over! Months of preparation and anxiety, weeks of late nights glued to the sewing machine ( OK so in my case 3 evenings up till gone 2am, as i left everything till the last minute!) and that's it....Christmas come and gone in the blink of an eye!

I just want to share with you this 'very' last minute make ....
A new camera case to go with the new camera we got my mother in-law. This bad boy took me from 10pm till 2.30 am the night before Xmas eve to put together ( In-laws went away early Xmas eve morning). I broke 3 needles stitching the x2 layers of cotton, 3mm thick quilt batting, and interfacing so stiff, it is practically corrugated iron! I can honestly say it was the most challenging thing i have made so far, especially as i made it up as i went along! But it is bloody brilliant if i do say so myself! And even though i also received a lovely new camera for Christmas, i am in absolutely no hurry to make another one for myself!

Well i hope everyone else enjoyed the festive celebrations as much as we in the Conner/Gentle household did. It didn't take long for the Whirlwind to get a hang of all the unwrapping and was soon turning her hand to opening everyone else's presents.
So now here we are on the eve of not only a new year but a new decade. (I heard that this one will be known as the teenies!) and in keeping with tradition i have a list of New Year resolutions that i want to 'put out there'.(and in keeping with tradition i will no doubt have abandoned half of them by the end of January!)

1. Blog at least 3 times a week....I really do enjoy blogging and now my computer is fixed and i have a camera that works and takes excellent pics, i have no excuse. And create a bit of interest with monthly giveaways, and themed posts!...watch this space!
2. Get serious about my little online shops, this means adding new stock and better self promotion....activate my sugarmouse page on face book (which i set up about 9months ago!)
3. Do at least 1 craft fair...i chickened out on the one i was supposed to before Christmas!
4. learn to love my overlocker!!!!!!!!
5. Join the gym......DONE! (Last minute New Years eve offer!).......go to the gym, ( induction on Monday!) and take the Whirlwind swimming at least once a week....twice in the summer months!
6. Become a better housewife. i.e move the sofa to hoover under it ,instead of just round it! Don't leave the clean washing in the washing machine for 2 days so that it smells....( admittedly i only ever seem to do this when it is full of Neils clothes! never mine or Roos!)
7. Stop hording all of The Whirlwinds outgrown clothes and put them on e-bay. By the time babbie no.2 makes an appearance, He WILL be a boy, and so well behaved that he will allow me to whip him up a new outfit every nap time!!!!! ( and NO im not pregnant for those whose ears suddenly pricked up!)

Well i think that's enough to keep me going for the time being. And to kick things off, check back tomorrow* for my first sugarmouse giveaway!
Me and my bottle of Cava wish you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

*Giveaway will now launch on Sat.


xK

1 comment:

Jean said...

Are you going to sell those camera cases, once you have some new needles that is!!
I have a camera just like the one in the picture.