Monday 17 May 2010

Happy Bloggiversary to me!


Now it has to be said that I am not the most consistent blogger! But I am pleased to say that i started this little blog a year ago today. It has been quiet a fun little ride, I have had the pleasure of meeting ( all be it cyber ) some wonderfully funny and talented people. Thank you to everyone who has read my nonsense, indulged my need to show off my makes and left flattering and encouraging comments.
As i announced in my last post, this next year is going to be an exciting one for my little family as we embark on our adventure in Malta and i look forward to sharing as much as i can right here!

I also promised in my last post that i would show off some recent makes as i have been a bit slack at this of late, so here goes........

This little dress was made for my friend Kate's daughter Marriella as a 1st birthday present. Kate spotted the Alice-in-wonderland fabric in my stash and dropped several 'subtle' hints that she wanted to wrap one of her girls in it!
It ties up with ribbon at the back. The pattern is Wholegrainbaby.....remember The Whirlwinds Apples and Pears dress from last year!
I found this cute little shrug which i thought matched if perfectly!

Another friend asked me to make a set of mice skittles after she saw Roo playing with them.
This time i made a little bag to put them in.

Cute! No!

More birthday gift's. These ones for Neilyboys Aunt Gillian. She always sends The Whirlwind lovely Christmas and Birthday presents so i wanted to make her something nice for her birthday. Unfortunatly the pics for these are really rubbish as i took them at about 1am and had to pop them straight in the post on my way to work the next day.....
A lavender bird sachet (my one and olny make from one of Cath's books!) and a scrappy Card.
This is actually an oven mitt and matching tea towels in my 'all time favourite' Cath Kidston fabric. I wish id taken better pictures because i was really pleased with these, they came out really well. I made the pattern up by tracing round a mitt i use and used double layers of batting and quilted it all, so hopefully Aunt Gillian doesnt get burnt hands!

I spent the end of last week making up some bits for my Mum to take with her on holiday tomorrow, but i want to do a whole blog post about that in the next couple of days because i think she deserves it!
Also I have a few additions to The Whirlwinds Malta wardrobe to show off, but i am going to have to fit it all in around the joyouse task of sorting out and ironing all of Neilyboys clothes for him to take with him this sun. I can not begin to tell you exactly how much I HATE IRONING.....

x K

2 comments:

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Happy Anniversary.
Luv Sophie xxx

Christals Creations said...

Well done on your year. My son was given some of those skittles for his christening, unfortunately they were mostly felt and the cat and a couple of mice now worse for wear, have had to put them away for safekeeping till he's a bit older.
They are fab.
XXX
Fiona @ Christals Creations.