Friday 13 November 2009

Boxing day dress

Another shift dress i know, but they are just so easy to sew up during nap times! I found this wool check in my local fabric shop, it instantly shouted 'Christmas' to me! The picture doesn't do it justice as you cant see the silver thread sparkling through it!

My demented overlocker (yes still having issues!) actually came up trumps doing the ruffles, they were so much fun to do. I have also left the bottom flatlocked for now, still deciding if i will hem it or not, but at the moment i think i like the flatlock detail.
I think it makes the perfect Boxing day dress for the Whirlwind, teamed with a long sleeved red tee and some black tights.

I loved the way this looked so much, i couldn't help thinking that it would translate to a really cool bag or purse. So of course i had to give it a go.......
This was my FIRST EVER attempt at sewing a zip, and lets just say this 10cm purse took about 50hrs longer to make than the 2T dress!
Next time i will definitely have to look up instructions! Anyone know any good zipper tutorials?


Not toooo shabby for a first attempt. I feel there will be lots in the making for Christmas.....only 6wks Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!
x K

3 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

Lovely dress. This is a good zip tutorial
http://flossieteacakes.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorials

Sew Scrumptious said...

p.s scroll down and its the second tutorial!

Kitschy Coo said...

Love the dress, it's a beauty! And I second the link Sew Scrumptious mentioned...