Tuesday 7 July 2009

Ruffels, Bows, and Bibs!....and finally something for mamma!

So i actually pulled my finger out this weekend and did some sewing. And i have to say i am most pleased with my little creations. They are all gifts for the numerous babies we know that have been born within the last 2/3 wks ( seriously! one friends wife had a little girl last Mon, and his brothers wife gave birth to twin boys the very same day.....only 2hrs between them all!) In total i have 2 girls and 4 boys to sew for, so I'm half way there!

This was my first attempt at sewing ruffles! I must admit i found it very fiddly!.... Oh how i long for a serger!!!....In the first one i made the ruffles from remnants of one of my favourite prints which has served me well on about 10 different projects and i have just enough left to do another set of ruffles.....I'm thinking knickers for Roo!





For the second i used an embroidery Anglais trim and gingham bias, which you would think would be easier!!!! but stitching on to knit is a real beeeatch!....I love them though, I will defiantly be making more, and adding them to my shop in the next few days.


The third one is a boys set with bib and shoes, i think the set looks lovely together. I have been meaning to do gift sets for a while now! The other 3 boys gifts i have to make will be a set in the Cath Kidston mini cowboys print and the grey mini stars.....I'm all out of blue now unfortunately so will have to have a look see what suitable boy fabrics i have for the last one......I have primarily girly prints, as im sure does everyone else, but they are soo much more fun!

And then i finally got round to making my (first of many I'm sure) Lazy summer day skirt and i just LOVE IT, I am seriously going to have to buy a tun load more of this fabric as i have visions of a matching halter top, a dress, maybe a hat for roo.....I made the skirt early Sat morning and have worn it every minute since......really should introduce it to washing machine now! it is so versatile, i wore it high on the waist (or at least were my waist used to be before giving birth to The Whirl Wind!), with leggings to see my boys on Sat ( Take -That put on the BEST SHOW EVER!) and down on the hips ( again ....where once they were!!)with a little vest the rest of the time.


I am thankful that my 8mp camera does not show up my decidedly stubbly (Yes and stumpy!) legs in the last picture!

The whirl wind has her first day at nursery tomorrow! I'm not sure they are ready for her! ....she had an hour settling in session yesterday and they all commented on how 'confident' and......'loud' she is......That's my baby!......Don't know where she gets if from! Am going to make her a little drawstring school bag now with her name appliqued on it to put all her gumpf in.


x K

1 comment:

Madam Salami said...

Kym there are so cute - love the ruffles!

I am awarding you with a One Lovely Blog award. This was awarded to me by Tobybo. Now, I'm passing it on to you because I love your blog!

Rules to follow:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that love and/or have newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
4. Use the One Lovely Blog award picture from my blog, on your blog to let everyone know that you have one lovley Blog!

Check out yourself along with the others at: http://handmadebymadamsalami.blogspot.com
Have a great day x x