Thursday 10 June 2010

Dresses!

I have been working on The Whirlwinds summer wardrobe!
First up?....Dresses.

Pleated tunic dress....Heidi and Finn pattern


Daddy's old work shirt revamped..... (tutorial here)


I made this one up as i went along, but its basically an adaption of a pillowcase dress.


This one is my favourite.....I had fun with the trimmings.

......It look me a while to get the technique right, but now i think that i have mastered it, i am going to be smocking/ shirring everything in sight!

I have also been working on a few sun hats, so they will be up for show next time.

I had a lovely visit from some old work friends this week, one of them now lives back in the U.S. and was over here on holiday, I cheekily asked her if she would bring me some fabric as it is a fraction of the price there that it is here. She bought me a lovely selection of Amy Butler, perfect for more dresses! ( 8yrds cost me just under £50...would have cost me at least £80 in John Lewis here!!!!)

Can you believe i never realised that she has been living 2 minutes from L.A's fabric district for the last 3yrs!...Well i know now and will be making regular orders!

I have a busy week ahead with lots more visits planned. Only 3 wks till the big move, so I am planning to see as many friends in that time as I can!

x K

2 comments:

Christals Creations said...

Love Daddy's old shirt. . . you are very talented. I wish I was a sewer. I am tempted to pull out the old sewing machine at mums and bring it home to try having a go at something easy. :0)

Kitschy Coo said...

Great dresses!